[Geany-Devel] Feature: editor tab width

Steven Blatnick steve8track at xxxxx
Fri Feb 15 06:10:06 UTC 2013

I've got a pull request for geany with two features:

1. Tab width: Now you can set a fixed width for the editor's tabs.  Like we discussed in email, reallyLongFileNames can cause problems, so I added an option to have it behave as it does or to allow a fixed width.

2. Ctrl+Pg_Up and Ctrl+Pg_Down didn't effect the focus of the Terminal Emulator, which was annoying when wanting to switch tabs on the bottom pane.

I didn't see an easy way of separating the pull requests after the fact.  It didn't occur to me to separate the changes into branches without pulling into master until upstream did, so sorry about that.  I should have based the changes on separate branches both from geany's original master rather than all of my updates being pulled into master.

As a side note, I've noticed that the keyboard shortcut to focus the bottom pane/panel doesn't work correctly.  I have to essentially focus something specifically (like Compiler/Messages/VTE) and then Ctrl+Pg_Up/Ctrl+Pg_Down on them.

I hope someone likes these features :-)

Thanks,

Steve