[Geany-Devel] [geany-plugins] [Debugger] Windows port for geany's "debugger" plugin

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Thu Feb 7 02:09:55 UTC 2013

On 13-02-06 02:31 PM, vadim kochan wrote:
> Hi,
> Can someone please take a look at this?
> https://github.com/geany/geany-plugins/pull/83

Hi,

I looked when it was submitted, didn't see any commit message details,
10 files and 900+ lines changed, Windows-specific, Win32 API-using and
that it's not one of the plugins I maintain, and ran away screaming like
a little girl :)

Did you get in touch with Alexander Petukhov (cesspit) the plugin
maintainer at all? He's probably gonna be your best bet for getting
these changes in (or at least find out if he's inclined/has time to
review/test/merge and/or minds if someone else does). Until word from
him, probably nobody is going to get too involved, especially with
whispers of a new release coming in the quite near future.

 From a quick glance at the pull request (not code review):

  - Needs more commit message details (lots more)
  - Maybe it would be better as a few smaller commits, maybe
  - What replaces the guarded-out VTE/pty/etc code on Windows?
  - Why another build system instead of Waf and/or Autotools?
     * I don't think other plugins does this and it misses one
       of the benefits of Geany-Plugins project (shared build/release
       infrastructure). Better would probably be to making it
       build with Waf on Windows so that it gets released/distrubuted
       on Windows platform.
  - Why?
    *
https://github.com/vkochan/geany-plugins/commit/fda45f31d11fcc73ddefc06ca3e2d38eace5d802#L6R41