[Geany-Devel] Don't pop-up messages/steal focus when in terminal

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Apr 21 01:02:14 UTC 2013

On 21 April 2013 10:56, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> On 13-04-20 05:48 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>
>>  I definitively agree that there's someone/a few people out there, in this
>>> strange self-imposed situation that are mentioned above, but I'd bet good
>>> money it's a such a small minority of Geany's users, possibly even less
>>> than 1%, to be worth bending over backwards for.
>>>

>> The real problem is none of us knows how many actual users there are in
>> any
>> particular system configuration.  I am only going on my experience, which
>> as a contractor at least includes a spread of companies.
>>
>> In the past its always been me introducing Geany, but recently I have been
>> pleasantly surprised to find a few customers already using it on Red Hat.
>>
>> Hence my concern to keep support for at least the Red Hat version that is
>> still in primary support.
>>

> But if they're your customers, given your deep familiarity with Geany's
> source and your likely influence on installed versions of it, could you not
> backport critical fixes and improvements of which there are very few or run
> a release closer to the year in which their corporate OS vendor offers
> support up to for other packages?

Well as I said, some have already installed it before I came along, that
means that there are more that have Geany and are not my customers.  They
are the ones I'm talking about supporting.