[Geany-Devel] Don't pop-up messages/steal focus when in terminal

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Apr 21 00:56:45 UTC 2013

On 13-04-20 05:48 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
> [...]
>
>> I definitively agree that there's someone/a few people out there, in this
>> strange self-imposed situation that are mentioned above, but I'd bet good
>> money it's a such a small minority of Geany's users, possibly even less
>> than 1%, to be worth bending over backwards for.
>>

> The real problem is none of us knows how many actual users there are in any
> particular system configuration.  I am only going on my experience, which
> as a contractor at least includes a spread of companies.
>
> In the past its always been me introducing Geany, but recently I have been
> pleasantly surprised to find a few customers already using it on Red Hat.
>
> Hence my concern to keep support for at least the Red Hat version that is
> still in primary support.

But if they're your customers, given your deep familiarity with Geany's
source and your likely influence on installed versions of it, could you
not backport critical fixes and improvements of which there are very few
or run a release closer to the year in which their corporate OS vendor
offers support up to for other packages?