[Geany-Devel] Don't pop-up messages/steal focus when in terminal

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Sat Apr 20 16:52:21 UTC 2013

On 20/04/2013 16:06, Matthew Brush wrote:
> On 13-04-20 05:59 AM, Harold Aling wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 1:40 AM, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Agree with Thomas, we should go to 2.24 for windows since we supply the
>>> bundle, Linux doesn't need to go so far, for eg what GTK did the
>>> current red
>>> hat and suse enterprise versions release with, expect 2.18 or 2.20.
>>
>> I might be stepping completely out of line with this remark: Do people
>> with dusty old GTK's use bleeding edge Geany?
>
> It is rumored that some percentage (remember 0 is a percent :) of users
> are apparently stuck on ancient enterprise distros at work, need to use
> the latest bleeding edge Geany at all times, and are able install it but
> not GTK+ from source into $HOME. Or so the story goes :)

I imagine building newer GTK/GLib from source with only old dependencies
would be a pain in the arse, having to grab and build all the newer
dependencies too. It's also a pain for most users to install and manage
multiple versions of libraries. Geany is actually very easy to build as
it only requires Gtk/GLib.

Note: I have never built GTK/GLib from source.