[Geany-Devel] geany-plugins fail to build with msvc

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Apr 18 17:59:18 UTC 2013

On 18/04/13 19:36, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 22:21:25 +0200
> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
>> Btw, does Geany build with MSVC?
>
> No. The '-mms-bitfields' warnings aside, it fails with:
>
> ..\plugins\saveactions.c(30) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
> file: 'unistd.h': No such file or directory
>
> So, we have Geany as geany-pplugins with do not compile with msvc, and
> the msvcrt.dll problem pointed by Lex. Disabling the msvc detection
> seems even more reasonable to me, for example:
>
>     from waflib.Tools.compiler_c import c_compiler
>     c_compiler['win32'] = ['gcc']
>
> just before opt.tool_options('compiler_cc') in both wscript files.

I agree.
I also vote for disabling msvc detection paired with a comment that it
can be enabled again once someone steps up with a working patch for MSVC
support and a good reasoning why it should be supported :).

Thanks for your efforts.