[Geany-Devel] geany-plugins fail to build with msvc

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Thu Apr 18 17:36:07 UTC 2013

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 22:21:25 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> Btw, does Geany build with MSVC?

No. The '-mms-bitfields' warnings aside, it fails with:

..\plugins\saveactions.c(30) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
file: 'unistd.h': No such file or directory

So, we have Geany as geany-pplugins with do not compile with msvc, and
the msvcrt.dll problem pointed by Lex. Disabling the msvc detection
seems even more reasonable to me, for example:

    from waflib.Tools.compiler_c import c_compiler
    c_compiler['win32'] = ['gcc']

just before opt.tool_options('compiler_cc') in both wscript files.

--
E-gards: Jimmy