[Geany-Devel] To whom it may concern (whoever runs the nightlies)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Apr 14 10:16:57 UTC 2013

On 12/04/13 09:15, Lex Trotman wrote:
> Is there any plan for extending the nightly builds to include GTK3 now its
> supported?

I don't plan to do this because it's too time consuming for me. The
other Geany devs can access the buildbox where the other nightly builds
are done.

If anyone wants to work on this, I'd glad to help. The first main part
to do is to create a GTK3 build environment which is as much as possible
isolated from the rest of the system.
For the GTK 2.16 build tests I compiled the whole GTK stack (including
Glib, Pango, ATK and friends) into a custom prefix, /usr/local/gtk216,
which is then used to build against.

An alternative approach could be to create a chroot environment, maybe a
debootstrapped Debian with only GTK3 and gcc installed.

If we had one of the above requirements, I'd include it into the
existing nightly build system (which is only a bunch of crappy written
shell scripts :D).