[Geany-Devel] Plugins sharing resources

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Wed Apr 10 16:25:16 UTC 2013

On Fri, 5 Apr 2013 20:20:55 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Matthew has pointed out on IRC that the markers and indicators are per
> scintilla object, not global.  He has a suggested alternative API which he
> will post after its tested.

On Tue, 9 Apr 2013 23:20:16 +0100
WILLIAM FRASER <william.fraser at virgin.net> wrote:

> What do people think about these options? Does anyone have any other ideas?

This was discussed before. At that time Lex was agains global resource
mapping and wanted per-sci resource allocation instead. I will only
repeat my suggestions:

1. Check how many resources we are using. If they are below the global
limit or slighly above it, per-sci makes no sense.

2. If they are above the limit, check how much per-sci will improve
the things. If it's less than, say, 15%, per-sci makes no sense.

3. If per-sci still seems reasonable, provide some logical to physical
mapping, so that the plugins woudn't need to remember each allocated
resource separately for each sci.

--
E-gards: Jimmy