[Geany-Devel] Removing of orphaned plugins

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Apr 6 20:19:26 UTC 2013

On 13-04-06 09:26 AM, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Unfortunately we still have a number of orphaned plugins. To get this
> thing cleaned up I've created a branch at
>
> https://github.com/frlan/geany-plugins/commits/Removing_orphaned_plugins
>
> to remove orphaned plugins. I'm going to apply this patchset to master
> if there will nobody adopt the plugin.

Hi,

I have to agree with Thomas, it seems silly to remove fully functional
plugins that users (probably) like and use just because the status of
the author/maintainer is unknown.

IMO, it'd make more sense to only remove them if they have some critical
unfixed bug that no on will step up to fix, or if they become obsoleted
by other plugins (like GeanyGDB).

My $0.02