[Geany-devel] Bug tracker: using group for the version closing the bug

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Sep 17 22:07:00 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

As you might already have noticed, I added a few groups to our tracker
reflecting the Geany versions, and I'm proposing to use those to track
the version in which the bug was/will be fixed.  I hope this will help
us to know which bugs we fixed in the current version (to help updating
NEWS), and users to know in which version their bug is fixed.

So, when you fix a bug, it'd be great if you could also set the group
field accordingly.  Or do you think it's a stupid idea?

Regards,
Colomban

PS, to every bug reporter reading this:

Please do not initially set the group, it's not the version in which you
found the bug.

However, if one of the bug you reported was fixed but doesn't have a
group assigned and you know exactly in which version it was fixed, you
can very well set the group as appropriate, that'd be awesome :)