[Geany-devel] Separating session file lists from config (again)

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Mon Sep 10 04:50:02 UTC 2012

On 12-09-09 09:36 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Its about that time of year when we have our annual discussion on
> separating session data from config/project data :)
>
> By session data I mean the list of currently open files and MRU list.

I guess it could support some other stuff too like window/find dialogs
geometry/position, active tab, position within the file, etc.

> [...]
>
> The number of session files can be left to grow like weeds, or can be
> trimmed to a (configurable) maximum number deleting the oldest when
> needed.

Could add a "Tools->Purge Session files" or something if they're left to
grow like weeds.

> This proposal isn't about a proper session management capability,
> there isn't one that works on enough platforms to be worth including.
>
> Any thoughts welcome.

Generally I think it's a good idea, would be interested in testing some
implementation(s).