[Geany-devel] SourceForge Upgrade?

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sun Sep 9 11:29:54 UTC 2012

Le 09/09/2012 07:23, Matthew Brush a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Is good yeah?
> https://sourceforge.net/p/upgrade?search=geany

Why not.  I think we only really care about the project page and the
tracker anyway, and the old tracker wasn't that awesome (especially
since it stopped filtering the spam).

But before going crazy, we should check whether it looks really OK, thus
looking at it and checking a few points like:

* Will the old URL to the tracker still work?  That'd truly be great.
* Do we use any VCS hooks on SF?  I see they will be gone.
* What's the implication of the donation button change?

Etc.  BTW, I played a little with the thing a while ago in my user's
page, you can look, and have fun with the tracker -- it's here fort
tests don't worry.  Look at
https://sourceforge.net/u/colombanw/geany-tickets/

<dream>
BTW, I don't know if the new thing supports it, but I'd really love VCS
commits to close bugs when including "Fixes #NNN", "Closes #NNN" and alike.
</dream>

> @Colomban, it's the one you mentioned was in Beta before?

Yes, that was it.  Whether it's actually good or not I don't really
know, but it looked shinier than the old SF.

Cheers,
Colomban