[Geany-devel] Ship with Grep on Windows?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Mon Sep 3 07:57:15 UTC 2012

Hi,

It would be useful to ship the Grep binary[1] (and dependencies) with
Geany for Windows. It could be added to the installer for not too much
extra size[2] and would enable the "Find in Files" feature to work on
Windows by default. Normally I wouldn't like to add more stuff to the
installer but I think without it Geany is missing a very useful feature
on Windows by default.

Does it sound reasonable or no?

[1] Probably this one? http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/grep.htm
[2] Based on above link maybe around 1-2 MB if its dependencies aren't
already shipped with Geany (ex. libiconv, pcre, etc.).