[Geany-Devel] [geany/geany] a3664f: Fix spawning [synchronous] commands on Windows

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 26 17:44:04 UTC 2012

On 26/10/2012 17:44, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:
> I'm using Geany on win~1 recently, with gtk+2.16 and glib-2.22 (the
> minimum versions). g_spawn_async_with_pipes() works fine for me, from a
> plugin, for a console application, along with the helper.

So redirecting I/O works for stdout, stderr and it works for build
commands like gcc, make, grep, etc?

IME it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, and it might depend on
which program is being spawned (e.g. which grep you use). I recently
checked the commits on the GLib gspawn-win32 code and there didn't seem
to be any relevant fixes.