[Geany-Devel] [geany/geany] a3664f: Fix spawning [synchronous] commands on Windows

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 16:44:31 UTC 2012

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 16:31:17 -0700
Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> Hey Nick (or anyone else),
>
> What was the exact issue with Async spawning on Windows? I know it's not
> working but maybe we/I can come up with a work-around and/or help fix it
> upstream. IIRC last time I tried to enable the #ifdef'd out async code
> for Windows, there was some glib-async-helper.exe or something like this
> and when I ran it it crashed everytime, but this was with a quite recent
> Geany and GLIB and maybe I was mixing Geany bundled GTK+ with my own
> newer bundle in PATH.

I'm using Geany on win~1 recently, with gtk+2.16 and glib-2.22 (the
minimum versions). g_spawn_async_with_pipes() works fine for me, from a
plugin, for a console application, along with the helper.

There are weird I/O effects if Geany is compiled with -mconsole (useful
to see the glib/gtk+ messages) and the spawned application is also
console, but the default/normal is -mwindows.

> Maybe we just need to bundle this utility or something?

Depends on how common the problem is...

--
E-gards: Jimmy