[Geany-Devel] [geany/geany] a3664f: Fix spawning [synchronous] commands on Windows

Matthew Brush mbrush at codebrainz.ca
Thu Oct 25 23:31:17 UTC 2012

Hey Nick (or anyone else),

What was the exact issue with Async spawning on Windows? I know it's not
working but maybe we/I can come up with a work-around and/or help fix it
upstream. IIRC last time I tried to enable the #ifdef'd out async code
for Windows, there was some glib-async-helper.exe or something like this
and when I ran it it crashed everytime, but this was with a quite recent
Geany and GLIB and maybe I was mixing Geany bundled GTK+ with my own
newer bundle in PATH. Maybe we just need to bundle this utility or
something?

If anyone can give a little info on what the problem is and what was
tried to fix it, I can probably spend some time this weekend to have
(another) shot at fixing it.

P.S. This email has absolutely nothing to do with the commit its
replying to except for being related to process spawning on Windows and
the Geany Win32 expert might read it :)