[Geany-Devel] I'm thinking I like Geany...

Steven Blatnick steve8track at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 16:19:52 UTC 2012

On 11/28/2012 04:57 PM, Colomban Wendling wrote:

>>> That'd probably be a great plugin :)  I think GProject (or maybe it's
>>> GeanyPRJ?) has a similar feature.
>>>
>>> Ah, and if you want this feature, maybe you'd be interested by the
>>> Commander plugin ;) (it allows to browse the menus and open files using
>>> a search entry).
>>>
>> This of course used to be part of the open dialog until the brain dead
>> at GTK removed it.
> Did they?  I can still type and filter.  If I type in the entry I get a
> completion list with the possible filenames, and if I typahead in the
> list it still performs a (naive) search in that very list.
>
> However, a more advanced filtering might be interesting, like showing
> only project patterns (if any are set -- but this one is easy with the
> filter option of the file chooser), with more powerful matching
> algorithm like (not necessarily the filename start, plus wildcards, why
> not with "magic" matching like "p/fbc" matching "plugins/filebrowser.c",
> this kinda stuff), etc.
The plugin I use in gedit searches sub-directories independent of path
and case insensitive that filters as I type like google suggestions.  I
also edited the plugin to skip .git/.svn directories.  I think a plugin
like this should behave like ack-grep (and maybe even be configured
throuch the .ackrc) to be fast and only search certain files.  It should
allow a base directory to search off of for the code base (probably the
project base directory).