[Geany-Devel] I'm thinking I like Geany...

Lex Trotman elextr at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 00:36:11 UTC 2012

[...]
> Reading your answer I see I forgot one key word in my sentences:
> "dialog".  I was speaking about the "Set build command" dialog, e.g.
> that it doesn't provide the ability to add more build commands than the
> visible slots, but that the rest did support more.  E.g. that if you
> edit the configuration file by hand it would work.  But maybe I'm wrong,
> I'm not sure.

You can edit the settings in various prefs but it doesn't take effect
until restart.

This is because there are parts of Geany (and maybe some plugins I
think) that assume the menu is static.  And I don't think it is worth
trying to fix those given that changing the *number* of commands is
unlikely to be common.

[...]

> Did they?  I can still type and filter.  If I type in the entry I get a
> completion list with the possible filenames, and if I typahead in the
> list it still performs a (naive) search in that very list.
>
> However, a more advanced filtering might be interesting, like showing
> only project patterns (if any are set -- but this one is easy with the
> filter option of the file chooser), with more powerful matching

I thought the project plugins did something like that, but I don't use
them so I'm not sure.

[...]