[Geany-Devel] Bug: Conflicting Keyboard shortcut in "reload file" dialog - ID: 3587465

Lex Trotman elextr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 02:23:00 UTC 2012

On 28 November 2012 13:10, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> On 12-11-27 02:20 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:

>>> What is your use case for when you want to close a file after it has been
>>> externally modified on disk? I understand the case for "externally
>>> deleted/moved" just not for "externally changed".
>>

>> @Matthew,  "oh, I still have that generated file open, oops"
>>

> I was asking for Nick's real-life use case for this, as opposed your
> hypothetical ones :) Not that it's any of my business, I was just curious
> where this specifically comes in handy for him, maybe I'm missing something
> convenient I could be doing.

This is a depressingly common use-case for me, not hypothetical, when
I have generated files open (while debugging things like document tool
setups) as soon as it works I start closing things, close the one
before the generated file and it becomes current, and pops up the
annoying reload dialog, and it is very convenient to just close it.