[Geany-Devel] Bug: Conflicting Keyboard shortcut in "reload file" dialog - ID: 3587465

Lex Trotman elextr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 22:20:50 UTC 2012

On 28 November 2012 05:13, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> On 12-11-27 09:54 AM, Nick Treleaven wrote:
>>
>> On 27/11/2012 17:48, Matthew Brush wrote:
>>>
>>> We could just drop the Close button altogether since you can already
>>> close the document by using the close button in the notebook tab, the
>>> close button in the toolbar, the close button in the main menu or by
>>> using Ctrl+W (or whatever) accelerator. Unlike the "missing on disk"
>>

>> That takes quite a bit longer when you have several files to reload and
>> you want to close most of them. This situation actually happens often
>> for me, I think pretty much as often as I want to reload documents.
>>

> What is your use case for when you want to close a file after it has been
> externally modified on disk? I understand the case for "externally
> deleted/moved" just not for "externally changed".

@Matthew,  "oh, I still have that generated file open, oops"

@Amit, congratulations you have made your first bugfix for Geany :)
As Nick says patches (if you have cloned the git repository, git diff
will do it) or for bigger things a pull request on github is the best
way to submit.

@Nick, either reload or yes is a valid answer to the question the
dialog asks, so I don't care.  Agree close should stay.