[Geany-Devel] Bug: Conflicting Keyboard shortcut in "reload file" dialog - ID: 3587465

Matthew Brush mbrush at codebrainz.ca
Tue Nov 27 17:48:48 UTC 2012

On 12-11-27 05:50 AM, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> On 27/11/2012 13:27, Amit Sengupta wrote:
>> hey! It's about the bug
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3587465&group_id=153444&atid=787791
>>

>> i tried to debug it by changing the buttons to YES No buttons, I figured
>> out that the document.c is the file associated with this bug.
>
> So in the detect/reload dialog we would have buttons:
> [_Close] [_No] [_Yes]
>
> instead of:
> [_Close] [_Cancel] [_Reload]
>
> to fix the _c clashing mnemonic. This seems ok to me, but personally I
> wonder if:
>
> [_Close] [_No] [_Reload]
>
> is better, as it avoids listing no,yes which is a little odd in order
> (albeit the Gnome HIG order), and having Reload instead of Yes is
> clearer IMO.
>
> What does everyone think?

We could just drop the Close button altogether since you can already
close the document by using the close button in the notebook tab, the
close button in the toolbar, the close button in the main menu or by
using Ctrl+W (or whatever) accelerator. Unlike the "missing on disk"
dialog where I often use the dialog's Close button (to close and re-open
new filename), for the "changed on disk" dialog, I find the Close button
to not be very useful in practice.

Either way, I also agree with keeping the "Reload" button.