[Geany-Devel] Bug: Conflicting Keyboard shortcut in "reload file" dialog - ID: 3587465

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 27 13:50:35 UTC 2012

On 27/11/2012 13:27, Amit Sengupta wrote:
> hey! It's about the bug
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3587465&group_id=153444&atid=787791
>
> i tried to debug it by changing the buttons to YES No buttons, I figured
> out that the document.c is the file associated with this bug.

So in the detect/reload dialog we would have buttons:
[_Close] [_No] [_Yes]

instead of:
[_Close] [_Cancel] [_Reload]

to fix the _c clashing mnemonic. This seems ok to me, but personally I
wonder if:

[_Close] [_No] [_Reload]

is better, as it avoids listing no,yes which is a little odd in order
(albeit the Gnome HIG order), and having Reload instead of Yes is
clearer IMO.

What does everyone think?

> Can anyone please help me with this so that I can test this, also how to
> submit the code (ie if I get it right)

I don't mind making the change myself as it's easy (once we all agree),
so in this case it's not that necessary. But the usual way is to create
a patch file in unified diff format. Google 'unified diff patch'.