[Geany-Devel] Making Geany faster (reducing latency to typed text)

Evandro Borracini evandro.borracini at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 21:11:48 UTC 2012

Hi,

Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions. Based on them, I reverted
back to the original code and just added an "if (doc->changed != TRUE)"
before calling document_set_text_changed(doc, TRUE) in
document_undo/redo_add().

That prevents calling document_set_text_changed() again if doc->changed is
already TRUE.

It worked fine and I don't see the latency anymore. :-)

Please find the complete patch below. Document_set_text_changed() function
is not changed.

Please comment on that.

Thanks again and regards,

Evandro