[Geany-Devel] new to geany-dev

Lex Trotman elextr at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 02:27:37 UTC 2012

On 17 November 2012 05:19, Amit Sengupta <itsjishu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm a university undergraduate and I'm new to this community (even new to
> OSS).
>
> I wish to contribute to Geany but I've no idea how to start. I've fair
> idea about C++/C/Java, and for GUI's I know Swings. Can you please guide me
> regarding what should I do and how can i help you guys.
> I appreciate your help :-)

HI Welcome,

Obviously you have read the developers page on the website :)

Just a few extra observations.

1. Read the HACKING file

2. choose something you are interested in to work on, from bugs, features
or your own desires.

3. read the HACKING file

4. let this list know what you are working on so things don't get done
twice and you can get advice (for instance that what appears a simple bug
is in fact massively complex and better avoided for now)

5. DO IT and send a pull request on github, one thing per PR please, don't
mix several fixes, it makes them hard to check and test and if one is a
problem/rejected the whole pr will be delayed.