[Geany-Devel] Printing

Roger Booth rbooth at kabooth.com
Thu Nov 1 14:41:37 UTC 2012

On 11/01/2012 06:13 AM, Colomban Wendling wrote:

> Well well… I have less and less ideas, but what if you comment out lines
> 312-323 (after patching)?  I copied this logic from SciTE, but I'm not
> sure it's correct, maybe this should not be included and is only useful
> when dealing directly with the page setup and paper size.

That worked! At least, one page of my test document printed 56 lines
both Print Preview and hardcopy.

I'll do more testing tomorrow, but its looking good.

The vertical line is still too long by about one line, but that's a nit.
I'd be happy with printouts like this.

Since you copied the logic from SciTE, perhaps this has uncovered a bug
in SciTE? That would explain why I thought the problem was in Scintilla
code. My read is that the now-commented code is adjusting for printer
limitations - printer can't print too close to the edges. Maybe the
commented logic you copied from SciTE removes it once, and the Scintilla
logic removes it again? Just speculating.

Regards,
  Roger