[Geany-devel] gtk_separator_tool_item_new() patch

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Sat May 12 06:32:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

I looked into plugin toolbar support code in more detail, and there
seem to be three simple ways to fix the item order:

1. Apply the current patch and tell the plugin authors to add/remove
their items at once. They are likely to do so in the first place,
because mixed adding/removing means one must keep track of the items,
to be able to remove them on plugin_cleanup. It's easier to add
everything at once, show/hide as needed, and remove at once. A not
shown / hidden item is just as good as not added / removed item.

2. Add an item_count to GeanyAutoSeparator. We already have the means
required to track items, but ref_count is for show/hide. Having item
count has the advantage of being able to destroy autosep->widget when
it drops to 0. ref_count should be renamed to show_count or something.

3. Add a hidden separator item after autosep and always insert before
it. Will work like the current positioning, except the 1st item will be
OK. May be easier/simpler to implement than #2, but I don't like it.

Related to #1, note that mixed removing of items, too, is not supported
well by Geany - if you destroy a never shown / hidden item, ref_count
will be decremented anyway and autosep may be hidden even if visible
items exist.

--

On Wed, 09 May 2012 00:19:15 +0200
Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:

> def get_insert_position(plugin):
> [...]
>
> def add_item(plugin, item):
> [...]

It will work, of course, but I think the above are simpler.

--
E-gards: Jimmy