[Geany-devel] gtk_separator_tool_item_new() patch

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Fri May 11 20:29:35 UTC 2012

On Wed, 09 May 2012 00:19:15 +0200
Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:

> Le 29/04/2012 20:26, Dimitar Zhekov a écrit :
> >
> > Actually there is 1/2 error. The plugin toolbar items are inserted
> > improperly, but added to plugin_items list in the right order. So
> > using "Customize Toolbar" and adding/removing items or otherwise
> > changing them fixes the order.
> >
> > Patch attached. Not in git format, sorry.
>
> If I read the thing correctly, the patch is wrong because it would
> possibly mixup tool items from different plugins if they aren't added at
> the same time, wouldn't it?

Yes. But Geany does not really support mixed add order: the items are
put in toolbar.c's plugin_items exactly in their add_toolbar_item order,
so a recreation of the toolbar will mix them if not added at once.

BTW, I placed a git patch in tracker bug item 3522755.

> But you're right that there is a problem.  Currently, it creates:
>
> | Plugin_1_Item_2 Plugin_1_Item_1 | Plugin_2_Item_1 | Quit

It creates Plugin_1_Item_2..N | Plugin_1_Item_1 for each plugin, so:

Plugin_1_Item_2 | Plugin_1_Item_1 | Plugin_2_Item_1 | Quit

And for 2 plugins and 2 items:

Plugin_1_Item_2 | Plugin_1_Item_1 Plugin_2_Item_2 | Plugin_2_Item_1 |
Quit.

> However with your patch, if plugins are added in the order
> Plugin_1_Item_1, Plugin_2_Item_1, Plugin_1_Item_2, it would give:
>
> | Plugin_1_Item_1 | Plugin_2_Item_1 Plugin_1_Item_2 | Quit
>
> Which is also wrong (more wrong if I could say).

With the patch, we have a proper order if the plugins add their 2+
items at once, and that order matches toolbar.c plugin_items.

With the current code, the order of 2+ items is always wrong. They are
kept together, allright, unless the toolbar is rebuilt, but the
separators are wrong too.

--
E-gards: Jimmy