[Geany-devel] tagmanager changes

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed May 9 07:37:26 UTC 2012

On 9 May 2012 16:54, Thomas Martitz
<thomas.martitz at student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
> Am 09.05.2012 07:47, schrieb Lex Trotman:
>
>> Using ctags, including locals in the tags generated from Geany source,
>> slightly more than doubled the number of tags, and for some C++ I have
>> around nearly four times the number.
>

> But you only need the tags for the current scope and can drop them if you
> enter another (non-nested) scope. This surely doesn't double or quadruple
> the tags.

You can't drop them from the tags structures because when you are
parsing you don't know which scope the cursor is in.  So you have to
add them all, then decide which ones apply to the current scope.

> If I'm editing func A I don't want the locals of func B through Z in my
> autocompletion list.

Yes, correct, but they have to be in the tags first, then tagmanager
has to be taught to choose the in-scope declaration, thats my point
the parsers do not generate the information and tagmanager/symbols.c
doesn't know how to use it