[Geany-devel] tagmanager changes

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Tue May 8 17:34:01 UTC 2012

On 12-05-08 05:44 AM, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Le 08/05/2012 02:03, Lex Trotman a écrit :
>> On 8 May 2012 02:04, Nick Treleaven<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com>  wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> It doesn't look like tm_file_entry_ is really used.
>>
>> Along with your comment below and about project on the next post,
>> sounds like tm code could be reduced significantly.  Might help :)
>
> Agreed at 100%!  If we could cut down TM to remove the code that's
> actually not used (or not useful for us) would certainly help a lot to
> towards making it easier to understand.  (BTW I think I remember
> something about Jiří having done something like it a long time ago)

+10000000

Also, it wouldn't hurt to make the file system structure and coding
standard/style as other Geany files. For example:

tagmanager/tm_*.[ch] <- delete include/ dir, maybe remove tm_ prefix
tagmanager/mio/*
tagmanager/ctags/* <- all non-tm files here

And then we could run the files through GNU Indent or similar program to
match Geany's coding style.