[Geany-devel] Request: multithreaded tag generation?

Harold Aling geany at xxxxx
Wed May 2 14:39:42 UTC 2012

> Is there any way I could reproduce it here? If you find some test case
> with e.g. some open source project I could download and test the tag
> generation time, I'm sure I can get to the same times as GeanyPrj -
> there's no reason why GProject should be slower.

Jiri,

I seem to have missed this request ;)

I just tried to reproduce my enormous load-times by starting with an
empty Drupal 7 download and adding modules and current
subsites/projects. With every extra site I copied, Geany/Gprojects
takes exponentially long to open until we reach the 8 minute mark
again.

I work on several projects each week but I'll guess I have to delete
as much files as possible to be able to start/close Geany within a
couple of minutes, which still seems rather long for my 1-year-old
desktop.

-H-