[Geany-devel] Gathering Release 1.22 incompatibilities

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Mar 20 00:29:47 UTC 2012

[...]
>> Its incompatible with users fingers, and thats a *major* incompatibility.
>> :)
>

> Agree. I might be able to improve this a bit with a workaround, I'll
> investigate.

Neat.

>> Yeah, plugins is an important one.
>

> I may have missed some things but offhand is this just the project
> properties signal names that got broken API-wise?

The signal name change also bumped the API and ABI (probably
correctly? plugins using the old signal won't work, but just
re-compiling them won't fix it).  An ABI change means that all plugins
need to be re-compiled, so when approaching 1.22 release we should
liase with Frank to try to get as near a simultaneous release of
geany-plugins as possible so binary users are not left in the lurch
without plugins for long.

[...]
> Yeah, unfortunately I forgot keybindings.conf is only saved after the first
> edit. (IIUC, commit messages shouldn't be edited after they've been pushed).

Agree, I wasn't meaning to suggest changing the comment.

[...]
> Agree, I think Colomban's idea of adding incompatible/important changes to
> the NEWS file as we go, and at the top, would work well.

Sounds like we are approaching a plan.