[Geany-devel] Where have the thirdparty plugins gone?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Mar 2 03:11:20 UTC 2012

On 2 March 2012 13:32, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> On 12-03-01 02:52 PM, Dominic Hopf wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Lex pointed me to the issue, that the pages for the third-party plugins
>> at http://plugins.geany.org/ are empty. I have to admit, that I maybe am
>> not that up-to-date and thus, am not sure what actually happened to
>> those plugins.
>>
>> Last thing I know of them is, that they were in the same SVN repository
>> at SourceForge as Geany-Plugins. After the migration to GitHub they are
>> gone - I guess that is intended.
>>
>> Does anyone know what happened to them? Do they exist anymore and just
>> in another place? Or should I really remove them from the website?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dominic
>>

> Hi,
>
> For as long as I can remember those 3rd party plugins pages have been blank
> there.
>
> Geany Mini Script was always outside of the "real" plugins source tree in
> SVN and was removed for Git. IIRC someone has recently shown interest in
> maintaining it and so IMO it should go into Geany-Plugins proper (ie. not
> 3rd party) with a working README.

Well, thats up to the new maintainer.  IIUC the idea was that plugins
could be housed in the geany-plugins repo so people could find them,
but not have the be part of the combined plugins if the developer did
not want, or was unable to meet, the build or release schedule
requirements of the combined release.

Maybe Frank can say what the arrangement is intended to be now git
does things differently?

> I have no idea what the other 2 are for, but like I said, I've noticed them
> before and IIRC they never had any content there or code in the
> Geany-Plugins project (at least since I've been around, maybe Git can tell
> for sure?).

I am not sure where embrace got to in its inclusion, it was created in
2009 according to ML search.

There was some discussion about August last year looking for a
maintainer for embrace, some bloke called Matthew was pushing an
unofficial plugin called zencoding as an alternative, but that hasn't
become official yet either ;-)

I guess no maintainer was found. :-)

The only ML reference to externdbg is one from Dominic being confused
what it was, so its totally unknown AFAICT.