[Geany-devel] Where have the thirdparty plugins gone?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Fri Mar 2 02:32:27 UTC 2012

On 12-03-01 02:52 PM, Dominic Hopf wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Lex pointed me to the issue, that the pages for the third-party plugins
> at http://plugins.geany.org/ are empty. I have to admit, that I maybe am
> not that up-to-date and thus, am not sure what actually happened to
> those plugins.
>
> Last thing I know of them is, that they were in the same SVN repository
> at SourceForge as Geany-Plugins. After the migration to GitHub they are
> gone - I guess that is intended.
>
> Does anyone know what happened to them? Do they exist anymore and just
> in another place? Or should I really remove them from the website?
>
> Regards,
> Dominic

Hi,

For as long as I can remember those 3rd party plugins pages have been
blank there.

Geany Mini Script was always outside of the "real" plugins source tree
in SVN and was removed for Git. IIRC someone has recently shown interest
in maintaining it and so IMO it should go into Geany-Plugins proper (ie.
not 3rd party) with a working README.

I have no idea what the other 2 are for, but like I said, I've noticed
them before and IIRC they never had any content there or code in the
Geany-Plugins project (at least since I've been around, maybe Git can
tell for sure?).