[Geany-devel] Remove MSYS dependency of Geany on Win~1

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Jun 27 15:37:49 UTC 2012

On 26/06/2012 21:46, Nick Treleaven wrote:

>>> I don't understand why you made these changes with a separate target for
>>> each data subdirectory. This is not clean enough IMO.
>>
>> OK, I just got it:
>>
>> > copy src/* dest
>> The syntax of the command is incorrect.
>>
>> I still don't think separate targets is acceptable though. I can at
>> least apply the rest of the patch though.
>
> Now applied without the install changes; thanks for the patch.
>
>>> BTW you missed data/templates/files. Wouldn't using a single xcopy be
>>> more sensible to reduce bugs and maintenance?

I've now committed to master an install target similar to your first
patch, but using xcopy for data. I used a DIRSEP variable:

$(CP) plugins$(DIRSEP)*.dll "$(DESTDIR)/lib"

I think because 'copy' takes /y switches the first path it sees must not
use forward slashes. They are OK in the destination though.

Please test.