[Geany-devel] Crash when pasting a Zero-width space

Harold Aling geany at xxxxx
Tue Jun 26 09:53:57 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Harold Aling <geany at sait.nl> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 11:33 AM, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 26 June 2012 19:18, Harold Aling <geany at sait.nl> wrote:
>>> A collegue of mine needed a zero-width space[1] for a breaking a word
>>> at a specific place in the menu of a website, so I copy/pasted mA
>>> (last character of first line, first character of next line) from the
>>> Wikipedia example, pasted it in Geany and deleted the m and the A so
>>> that there would only be a zero-width space left to copy by using
>>> ctrl-a, ctrl-c.
>>>
>>> Geany however crashed when there was only a zero-width space left in
>>> the document ;)
>>>
>>> Dunno if this is worth looking at, though ;)
>>>

>> What version and platform?  Latest git on Linux is perfectly happy
>> with pasting and deleting the way you did, and is also happy with
>>
>> Cheers
>> Lex
>
> Ubuntu 12.04, 64bit, Geany 1.22 (git >= 249f9bc) <- too bad I can't
> copy/paste this from the GUI
>
> Will update to latest -dev and try again!

Updated to Geany 1.23 (git >= 40da14b)

1. Create a new document (ctrl-n)
2. Copy/paste "m​A" (already has a zero-width space in the middle)
3. Press 'home'
4. Press 'delete'
5. Crash -> 100% CPU

Geany also counts that character as 3 positions instead of 1.

-H-