[Geany-devel] Remove MSYS dependency of Geany on Win~1

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Mon Jun 25 19:33:25 UTC 2012

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 13:08:22 -0700
Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

Hi. Here is a small diff (for makefile.win32 and src/makefile.win32
only) that makes Geany 1.22 Win~1 compilation and installation
independent of MSYS. Usage:

C> mingw32-make -f makefile.win32
C> mingw32-make -f makefile.win32 install

Tested with mingw, cmd/tcc. Should work with MSYS make too... but I had
to use backslashes in the install: target, and am not sure if/how MSYS
make escapes them. Win~1 fully supports forward slashes internally, but
the command interpreters have only partial support.

> Also, on the topic of improving the win32 makefiles, we should make sure
> that all paths are quoted because IIRC last time I tried to use them,
> stuff like this[1] made it blow up when my PREFIX was (for example),
> `C:/Documents and Settings/...` (ie. spaces in the filename).

All install: destination paths, yes. About the others - will anyone put
gtk+ under "C:\Documents and Settings", or something like that?

The truth to be said, all paths should be quoted under all OS-es, but
nobody does that unless a path with spaces is really likely.

--
E-gards: Jimmy