[Geany-devel] [Geany] ANN: Geany 1.22 is out!

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at xxxxx
Fri Jun 22 13:54:49 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> On 21/06/12 08:28, Lex Trotman wrote:
>> The question is has someone actually tested it to see if it really is
>> superior for Geany? ACAIK no.
>
> True.
> At least the part of the doubt about whether it is better or not. I
> didn't test it so far.
>
> I just didn't have time to spend on this. If there are any real benefits
> in the newer versions (except a higher version number), we can think
> about updating it.

And the perennial question these days: What about Gtk3? From the look
of discussions on the Xfce mailing list, it is a memory-guzzling
beast. On the other hand, many libraries (such as libvte, I think) are
ending their support for and development of Gtk2-based versions.

Cheers
Liviu