[Geany-devel] Remove MSYS dependency of Geany on Win~1

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Wed Jun 20 18:04:57 UTC 2012

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 14:25:11 -0700
Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> On 12-06-19 10:12 AM, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Now that 1.22 is out, how about removing the MSYS build dependency
> > under Win~1? I tried to compile Geany with the default MinGW make,
> > without any MSYS, and there were some easily fixable problems: [...]
> >

> I have started working on this before:
> https://gist.github.com/1494603
>
> It builds but isn't perfect, like it doesn't do the icon/resource stuff,
> and doesn't use win32-conf.h properly, but it might be useful for a
> starting point. It's what I use for testing Geany on Windows.

That looks like an entirely new makefile. I was able to compile Geany
with small (msys compatible) changes in the existing makefiles, and
setting MAKE to mingw32-make in localwin32.mk...

--
E-gards: Jimmy