[Geany-devel] ANN: Geany 1.22 is out!

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Jun 18 15:53:11 UTC 2012

We are happy to announce a new release of Geany!

For a comprehensive list of changes please see:
http://www.geany.org/Documentation/ReleaseNotes

Some highlights:

 * Rewrite and improve theming support.
 * Update Scintilla to 2.29.
 * Full PCRE regular expression support for search and replace.
 * Add filetype Objective-C (Elias Pschernig).
 * Always load the default session if configured to do so.
 * Fix detection of raw strings in C and C++.
 * Improve support for HTML embedded filetypes.
 * Add translations: ar, id, lt, mn, nn, sk.
 * Update translations: de, es, fr, hu, it, ja, kk, lt, nl, pl, pt,
pt_BR, sk, sl, sv, tr, zh_CN, zh_TW.

We want to thank all developers, translators and everyone who
contributed to this release with patches, feedback, bug reports and so
on.  Thank you!

As usual, all downloads can be found on http://download.geany.org/.

Version number changed

No, don't worry, 1.22 is not a typo.  Many users told us our version
numbers didn't reflect the maturity of Geany to their eyes, and wished
it to be changed to reflect that.  So after some discussion we decided
to rename this version 1.22 instead of 0.22.

- Colomban