[Geany-devel] [geany/geany] Question on - 7b3b65: Add workaround for users with an invisible selection style

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Mon Jun 4 21:47:07 UTC 2012

On 12-06-04 08:30 AM, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> On 04/06/2012 07:59, Lex Trotman wrote:
>> Based on your answer on my ML question is this necessary?
>>
>> Now that we always apply the settings, a selection style of
>> false,false will reset to the Scintilla default "The default is to
>> show the selection by changing the background to light gray and
>> leaving the foreground the same as when it was not selected". So
>> false, false shouldn't be invisible.
>>
>> Of course it might be invisible on particular backgrounds, but so
>> might c0c0c0.
>>
>> Or have I still misunderstood something?
>
> Try it yourself - here I get an invisible selection if neither override
> is set. Possibly a Scintilla bug - the Scintilla default is not restored
> on calling SCI_SETSELBACK when the first argument is 0/FALSE.

I didn't look at exactly what was changed, but I can confirm that the
selection colours are properly changed now when the scheme is changed,
unlike before. The only thing now is I see the message with all
geany-themes:

Geany-WARNING **: selection style is set to invisible - ignoring!

But having the selection fixed is worth it the console noise :)

Thanks,