[Geany-devel] Code formatter

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Tue Jul 31 22:06:57 UTC 2012

Le 19/07/2012 01:50, Jacob Strohm a écrit :
> Le 18/07/2012 05:53, Matthew Brush a écrit :
>
>> I'd personally be very interested in using a plugin that can format
>> the code precisely automatically. IIRC VisualStudio does this very
>> well but is not flexible as to code style (or I didn't find the
>> preferences). I suspect it would be quite difficult to write a good
>> one that is at the same time accurate, flexible and supports
>> multiple non-similar languages (C-style vs Python, for example).
>

> Way to put the pressure on  :).  I haven't used Visual Studio's, but I
> will check it out, along with Eclipse's version.  Also, since I only
> really have experience with C-style languages, it will (initally at
> least) be focused on that.  Suggestions are always welcome.

I'm a bit late, but I just finally managed to commit my one-year-old
attempt at writing such a plugin, so I link it here if you're
interested: https://github.com/b4n/grind

I plan to finish it one day or the other, but it's not really a
high-priority thing for me (one can tell since I didn't event committed
much of it for months) because I don't have much need (or even use case)
for such a plugin.  I actually started it to answer somebody else's
wish, and I found interesting and funny to try doing it, but it was
quite big and requires time... argh, time.

Anyway, if you want to improve it, send me patch (I would review them)
or take something from it (it's under GPLv2), feel free.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Colomban