[Geany-devel] Dropping Waf support?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Jul 18 20:29:55 UTC 2012

On 16/07/2012 18:36, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> the make/MSYS build system support seems to get better and
> better due to Nick's and Dimitar's work on it

Well, it's quite basic and needs a bit more work like allowing
overridden CFLAGS. It doesn't install files like README, geany.html,
etc. It also doesn't regenerate dependencies for each source file
on-the-fly like autotools (and I expect Waf) does.

It wouldn't bother me if Waf support was removed, but OTOH it looks like
quite a lot of work went into it. I don't mind adding obvious updates to
wscript when necessary, but can't promise to test them ;-)

Nick