[Geany-devel] Code formatter

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed Jul 18 03:53:59 UTC 2012

On 12-07-17 07:32 PM, Jacob Strohm wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>      Does Geany have any kind of automatic code formatter, either in the
> core or as a plugin?  Looking through the plugins project/website, I
> didn't see anything like it, and if not I think I'd enjoy working on it
> in my free time, I just wanted to double check before investing a bunch
> of time.

Hi,

I'd personally be very interested in using a plugin that can format the
code precisely automatically. IIRC VisualStudio does this very well but
is not flexible as to code style (or I didn't find the preferences). I
suspect it would be quite difficult to write a good one that is at the
same time accurate, flexible and supports multiple non-similar languages
(C-style vs Python, for example).

Best of luck,