[Geany-devel] Third party plugin publish and third party library bundle problem

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sun Jul 15 12:26:42 UTC 2012

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 19:01:53 +0800
Hong Xu <dev at hong.me> wrote:

> On 07/15/2012 03:40 PM, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> > On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 09:27:46 +0800
> > Hong Xu <dev at hong.me> wrote:
> >
> >> And, BTW, why geany-plugins project doesn't use a submodule for
> >> each plugin? Not all people need to clone the whole repository,
> >> and as it is separated to submodules, the permission control can
> >> be better for developers.
> >
> > IIRc this was under discussion in past but was dismissed due to
> > adding complexity and little overall understanding of this.
> > However, I don't think cloning the repository is this much traffic.
> > Also a goal was to have plugins and its patches being reviewed
> > before entering master to enforce a minimum on quality. This also
> > includes some fire-and-forget-plugins of some developers as you can
> > see from MAINTAINERS files there are a lot of plugins out of
> > maintenance.
> >

> Thanks. However, I have to make a pull request for any trivial
> changes in this way. Do you think this is unnecessary?

We are still in finding a good flow on this as I agree its not optimal.

> In you mind, is there any advantages for geany plugins in this repo
> other than other places?

Well... You don't need to care about releases, some translations topics
and some minor changes. Also in terms of visibility. But I don't think
its really needed for every plugin to be part of, no.

Cheers,
Frank
--
http://frank.uvena.de/en/