[Geany-devel] Third party plugin publish and third party library bundle problem

Hong Xu dev at xxxxx
Sun Jul 15 01:27:46 UTC 2012

On 07/15/2012 02:12 AM, Dominic Hopf wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-07-07 at 13:39 +0800, Hong Xu wrote:
>> First, http://plugins.geany.org is a place for plugin list. But are
>> the third party plugins allowed here? All the pages seem working for
>> the plugins here: <https://github.com/geany/geany-plugins> including
>> the download page, installation page.
>
> We already had another section for "Thirdparty plugins" in the
> navigation. I removed the section because every of those three plugins
> mentioned there were outdated or moved into the Geany-Plugins project
> itself and that section thus wasn't necessary anymore. :)
>
> It would be no big deal to introduce it again if you like. You can just
> open another pull request for the plugins.geany.org website and I'll
> have a look on it as soon as I find the time to do that. :)

Thank you. I'll make a pull request first, and then try to move it to
geany-plugins project :)

And, BTW, why geany-plugins project doesn't use a submodule for each
plugin? Not all people need to clone the whole repository, and as it is
separated to submodules, the permission control can be better for
developers.

Hong