[Geany-devel] draggable tabs - current state?

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Sat Jul 14 10:59:15 UTC 2012

Am 14.07.2012 12:39, schrieb Lex Trotman:
> On 14 July 2012 20:21, Thomas Martitz
> <thomas.martitz at student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:

>>> Multiple columns/rows of tabs, how hard can it be?
>>>
>>> @#&* hard, AFAICT you will have to change GTK, not Geany.
>>>
>>> Note drag re-ordering already works.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Lex
>>

>> Can I at least have multiple sidebars with tabs being draggable between them
>> (or make the message window a sidebar) ? :)
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Well, tabs are part of the GTK notebook that the edit window is in, so
> to put them in a sidebar you would be re-implementing part of GTK,
> maybe instead look at making the document sidebar re-orderable instead
> of sorted?

I didn't mean document tabs. I meant the symbols, files, etc tabs in the
side bar which should be draggable to a second sidebar on the right
(basically split the current sidebar into two with the editor in the
middle).

Best regards.