[Geany-devel] draggable tabs - current state?

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Sat Jul 14 10:21:40 UTC 2012

Am 14.07.2012 04:20, schrieb Lex Trotman:
> On 14 July 2012 07:07, Sean Felipe Wolfe <ether.joe at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to be able to have 2-3 columns of tabs and be able to drag +
>> rearrange, something like Eclipse's draggable tab setup -- one of the
>> few things I like about Eclipse.
>>
>> I assume this is non-trivial ... how horribly difficult would it be?
> Multiple columns/rows of tabs, how hard can it be?
>
> @#&* hard, AFAICT you will have to change GTK, not Geany.
>
> Note drag re-ordering already works.
>
> Cheers
> Lex

Can I at least have multiple sidebars with tabs being draggable between
them (or make the message window a sidebar) ? :)

Currently Geany isn't so nice on a wide screen setup because much of the
horizontal space is wasted, being bound to 80 or 100 column limit for
source code. Vertical space is wasted because the message window could
be a sidebar on wide screens.

Best regards.