[Geany-devel] Introduction

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Jul 14 02:18:00 UTC 2012

On 28 April 2012 12:18, Jacob Strohm <jacobstrohm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>     I'm interested in beginning to contribute to Geany.  I'm a freshman CS
> major and I often find myself with way too much free time and needing
> something productive to do.  As I've enjoyed using Geany, its something I'd
> like to get involved in.  However, open source (and projects in general
> written by more than 2 people) is new to me, so I'll probably take it slow
> for a while.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Best advice:

1. read the HACKING file

2. re-read the HACKING file :)

3. make a github clone and start hacking on something, eg a bug or
small feature, announce here so we don't have more than one person
doing it and to get advice.

4. read the HACKING file to see what you didn't understand the
importance of before you started :D

5. make a pull request on github to get it included in Geany