[Geany-devel] Remove MSYS dependency of Geany on Win~1

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Tue Jul 10 17:51:03 UTC 2012

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 12:55:58 +0100
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> >> I've replaced xcopy with separate copy targets
> >> locally. Unfortunately that causes errors with subdirectories so I had
> >> to ignore them, which I'd prefer not to do. See attached diff.
> >
> > "cp: omitting directory 'foo'" errors on any subdirectories with GNU
> > cp. [...]
>
> No, the subdir errors are with windows 'copy'.

Strange. Under Linux:

$ md /tmp/gx
$ cp doc/* /tmp/gx
$ cp doc/* ~/gx || echo some error
cp: omitting directory `doc/images'
some error

But the patch ignores any copy errors anyway, so it woudn't matter.

> > for cmd: 'CP_R = xcopy /s /y /i'  and  'RM_R = del /s'
>
> xcopy /i doesn't seem to help here if the destination already exists (I
> don't think we should remove $DESTDIR).

Yes, it works only for non-existing target directory.

I tested the patch with cmd.exe and tcc.exe, install and re-install.
All work fine, no copy error messages. On re-install, there are mkdir
error messages about existing directories, geany.glade is replaced
normally. That's with XP SP2 32-bit, MSYS was never installed.

--
E-gards: Jimmy